Te Church remains opened on Monday 23 March 2020, until 11:59 am after that time it will be closed (including the Adoration Chapel) until further notice.
URGENT Update as of 20 April:
Because of the recent Government announcement about social distancing we have made a decision that all Masses this weekend will be celebrated outdoors on the parking lot before the church. Vulnerable people and older are able to stay in the church during the Mass.
Masses on weekend 21/22 March 2020
Weekend Masses at st. Josephs’ as usual
6:00 pm Vigil Mass before the Mass at 5:15 pm we will be praying the rosary for the protection, the health workers and those affected by the corona virus.
Sunday Masses 8:30am and 10:00am.
We ask that you maintain safe distance from other Parishioners.
Thank you for your cooperation.
We apologise for the inconvenience.
Protective measures mandated by the Diocese of Parramatta (summary)
• Catholics from the Diocese of Parramatta are from 20 March 2020 dispensed from their Sunday Mass obligation until further notice (Canon 1248 §2 and Canon 2181)
• In those parishes where 100 or less people attend a Sunday Eucharist Mass may continue to be held in the Church building
• Maintain a distance from other worshippers
• church buildings should be available for private prayer
• Acolytes and Extraordinary Ministers of Communion should cease from visiting the housebound.
• All meetings relating to parish life (sacramental program, bible study, youth group meetings) should be suspended until further notice.
Already in place:
• Holy Communion can only be received in the hand
• All Holy Water receptacles should be emptied
• Hand washing both before the administration of Holy Communion and after Holy Communion
• Communion of the Precious Blood will be for the celebrant only
• Priests/deacons are not to invite parishioners to exchange the Greeting of Peace.